Serve this sauce with your favorite pasta. This recipe makes enough for about 3 pounds of pasta. Freeze what you don’t use for a quick and easy dinner on another day! Don’t wait for a party to enjoy this delicious pasta dish.
If you’re feeding a crowd, you can cover all 3 pounds of pasta with this batch of sauce in a roaster oven. Slide raw lasagna noodles along the sides to keep the edges from burning, place a sheet of foil loosely over the top of the pasta, and cook at 150 until dinnertime.
Vodka Pasta Sauce
Makes enough to cover about 3 pounds of pasta.
4 oz. pancetta, chopped
1 cup onion, chopped
4 oz. vodka
8 oz. butter
16 oz. heavy cream (NOTE: half-and-half also works)
48 oz. crushed tomatoes
1 tsp dry basil
¼ tsp. white pepper
4 oz. parmesan cheese
- Sauté pancetta with onions until onions brown. (I add 2 oz. of the butter in this step)
- Add vodka – slowly (it says no more than 2 oz. at a time or flames will shoot up. This has never happened to me) (unfortunately)
- Add butter and stir until butter is melted.
- Add heavy cream and reduce over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, spices, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add parmesan cheese just before mixing with pasta.
Garnish with chopped fresh parsley if desired.
This can be frozen.
Nutrition information does not include pasta.